Frequently Asked Questions
- Our program would like to add a direct link from our website to Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. to bring people to your site. How can programs link their websites to Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.?
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. is in the public domain. You should feel free to place a link on your site to this resource.
- What are some ways that I can help promote Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.?
There are several ways that you can help promote Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. A Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. information fact sheet can be downloaded from our website and is intended for those involved in planning and developing programs (not for those who do cancer screenings).
Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. give-away items (e.g. pens, sticky notes, etc.) are also available and can be provided to individuals who conduct trainings or host conference booths to promote the Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. website. If interested, please e-mail us using the "Contact Us" link and include the following information below.
There is no fee associated with using these promotion items, but please note that due to limited availability, the items are reserved for individuals promoting the P.L.A.N.E.T. at a training, presentation or exhibit.
- Name of the event you are requesting the promotional items
- Date(s) of the event
- Purpose of the event
- Number of people anticipated attending the event
- Address to mail the items (include who they should be sent to)
- Does Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. participate in outreach workshops?
Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. does not participate in outreach workshops. However, members from the NCI Research to Reality (R2R) community of practice may be able to help you with your outreach efforts. For further assistance, please contact program partners within your state or territory. Below is a link to the R2R Member Directory.
- I'm just starting a local community coalition. How can I use the information on Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. to make my case to prospective members?
Cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers have the same goals: to reduce cancer risk, the number of new cancer cases, and the number of deaths from cancer, as well as enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors. While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into practice. This Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. portal provides access to data and resources that can help planners, program staff, and researchers to design, implement and evaluate evidence-based cancer control programs.
The Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. portal provides access to Web-based resources that can assist in:
- Assessing the cancer and/or risk factor burden within a given state.
- Identifying potential partner organizations that may already be working with high-risk populations.
- Understanding current research findings and recommendations.
- Accessing and downloading evidence-based programs and products.
- Finding guidelines for planning and evaluation.
- We are looking for a technical advisor to help us develop and implement a cancer control program in our community. Is there a list of such people or resources in this area?
Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. provides access to web-based data and resources that can help to design, implement and evaluate evidence-based cancer control programs. Members from NCI’s Research to Reality (R2R) community of practice working with community-based programs may be able to help you with your outreach efforts. Below is a link to become a member and start an online discussion with the R2R community of practice.
- How can I obtain a copy of the Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan for my state?
- You can view and download comprehensive cancer control plans by selecting the hyperlink: Comprehensive Cancer Control Plans. Then, click on your state and its map will appear. You can save it as a PDF on your computer and print out the pages that you need.
- I would like to get regular updates about Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. Is there a mailing list that I can join? If so, how can I subscribe?
- Yes, Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. does have an e-newsletter that provides monthly updates to all of its members. To join our mailing list, please visit our home page at: http://cancercontrolplanet.cancer.gov/. There is a link to subscribe to the mailing list below the sponsors.
- I would like to be removed from the mailing list. How do I unsubscribe?
- You can remove your e-mail address from our mailing list using the unsubscribe form.
- What is the correct Citation for Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.?
If you are citing Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T., use the following format below:
State Cancer Profiles [SECTION NAME of portal being used here], Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. http://cancercontrolplanet.cancer.gov/. Accessed on [DATE]. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, American Cancer Society, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Commission on Cancer, National Cancer Institute, and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.